Sunday, November 17, 2013

Performance Art

For my performance art piece I went into downtown with 30+ onions, I sat on the corner of west kennedy by the bus stop and proceeded to cut 30+ onions. Yes i was balling my eyes out the entire time. In society when a grown man cries how do you see him? You see him as weak, vulnerable, and a baby. I was trying to make the point that just because your a guy doesn't mean your not aloud to cry. I was cutting the onions on a calendar board for a reason. I was showing that every day of the weak something bad happens in the world to someone where someone will get upset and cry. The onions itself stand for life, and the knife is cutting a piece of your life away making it upset. but my main point was its okay to cry man, let it all out. I got some people to interact with me, but mainly looks like what the fuck is this kid doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment