Saturday, November 9, 2013

"The Giving Tree" Xerox Project

50 different copies of my hands, 20 copies of my hands with the items in my pocket, 10 with just the items in my pocket and 3 of my face. All these Xerox's resulted in a decontextualized man/tree figure. I call it the giving tree because the fingers look like leaves and the arms looks like branches. In the hands, or branches, are the various items that were in my pocket, giving them away. I decided that it would be better in public then bring to class because of the scary feel to it. Some of the reactions of passers were priceless while others were a little frightened. Its about 5 foot 7 inches, so its pretty intimidating up close. Here are the photos, if its still there its outside austin hall if you would like to see it in person.












No comments:

Post a Comment