Friday, November 22, 2013

Video Art


This assignment was by far my favorite this entire semester. Whenever I hear the world video, as a film major I go nuts. I started with the idea of filming someones eyes, just moving back and forth and using film filters and effects, then I decided to decontextualize the audio using three different voices and three different languages. There is latin, spanish, and french, for no particular reason. Then I was playing with the equalizer and audio effects to mess around some more. This was strictly a research project for me, messing around until I found something that worked together, but at the same do not work together at all. With all the messing around I think something with meaning actually arose. The complete and utter anarchy of the eyes and the unconditional languages and audio work together in some kind of form that I cannot really explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment