Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Grid Art REBEL

When the grid art project was assigned, i was a little excited and nervous at the same time. It took me about three days to ponder ideas, starting with tacos to rubber bands, to about 300 colored eggs in egg cartons. These all would probably cost me some money i do not have though. How I came up with the idea of over 100 cigarette packs and 30 tins, well it just came to me, sitting in the smoking section with all my friends, as they threw their empty packs out. The design I chose to do goes along with the material very well in my opinion. I chose to do the word REBEL. Tobacco products have always been big with teenagers and not so much with their parents. Many of my friends back home smoke purely because their parents want them to do nothing with it. The youth of our generation is using tobacco products as a way to be different too, like rebel from society. We, as a society, look at cigarettes and tobacco products as scummy and nasty. We look at the people who use them the same way. The youth is using these views to rebel from the mass, and try to be different. Smoking is cool now. I can connect this to theatre. Specifically the outsiders or grease. All the greasers smoked and tried to be different. Smoking is a tool used to rebel and be different from the normal of the society.




No comments:

Post a Comment