Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs, a billionaire, and a college dropout. I think the first sentence in this commencement speech was the most influential on me. How can a college dropout do so well in life? When he announced that dropping out was the best decision he ever made, all the graduates started laughing and I don't understand why. I see where he is coming from, working class parents who can't afford to pay for college sounds pretty much exactly the same as my situation now. And of course, he had to throw in the windows stealing mac ideas, which pretty much seems to be every time I hear him speak now. Jobs story about trusting the dots of the past to connect to the future really got to me to. I don't really have a good idea of what I will be doing in my future, but I keep enough faith to keep living every day to find out what the future dots will be in my life. I agree with once you love something you do, you can never stop loving it. Just because you fail does not mean you need to give up, it means you need to get up and try again. Steve Jobs was truly an inspirational man, who encouraged students to chase their dreams. I respect Jobs a lot and consider him one of my favorite heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment